Peninsula Children’s Learning Center is looking for teachers who love children and are committed to supporting their growth and development to join our teaching team.
We are currently seeking full time teachers in the following positions:
Preschool, students aged 3-5, 10:1 ratio in a class of 20
Two Wobbler teachers, students aged about 15 months-2 years, 4:1 ratio in a class of 8
To apply for these positions please click here. If you have any questions about the open positions please contact Laura Hernandez at 503-280-0534 EXT 24 or email@example.com.
We are also eager to hear from you if you’re interested in serving as a substitute teacher. Please follow the same submission steps noted above. Requirements for substitutes include:
- A positive attitude; good work ethics and consistent attendance
- Demonstrated understanding of child development and developmentally appropriate practices
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
- A high school diploma or GED and at least one year of relevant work experience or practicum
- Ability to sit, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs; ability to quickly move around a classroom or playground and to physically move, lift, or control children in unsafe or emergency situations
- Ability to read, write, and understand verbal and written English
- Ability to maintain educational/training hours as outlined by state licensing agency and center
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check
- CDA, AA, or BA in Early Childhood Education or closely related field and a Step 8 or higher on the Oregon Registry is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Peninsula Children’s Center does not discriminate against any employee, volunteer or customer on the basis of race, color, cultural heritage, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal law. This policy extends to all personnel decisions, terms and conditions of employment, vendor contracts and provision of services. Peninsula Children’s Center does not tolerate harassment for any reason. Respect for the dignity of others shall be the guiding principle for our relations with each other. These positions may close at any time.